Early Years Foundation Stage
In our Foundation Stage, we encourage our children to be:
Our FS Team encourage and support the children by:
- Providing an enabling environment in which children can develop these roles and skills;
- Providing rich experiences, such as Forest School, multi-cultural visitors and probing life's 'Big Ideas';
- Growing the vocabulary of our children through the Word Aware approach and quality interactions;
- Challenging them to move their thinking and learning on to their next step;
- Providing balanced opportunities to develop through child-initiated, adult-initiated and adult-directed activities.
Every child is a unique child, who is constantly learning and can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured.
Children are born ready, able and eager to learn.