If you have any concerns about a child, our designated safeguarding lead is Andrew Markham. In his absence it is Elaine Li-Koo or Carrie Barringer, Deputy Headteachers.
Our school staff are particularly important as they are in a position to identify concerns early, provide help for children, and prevent concerns from escalating.
- All our school staff have a responsibility to support a safe environment in which children can learn.
- Our school has a designated safeguarding lead who will provide support to our staff members to carry out their safeguarding duties and who will liaise closely with other services such as children’s social care.
- All our staff will be equipped to identify children who may benefit from early help. Staff know in the first instance to discuss their concerns with the designated safeguarding lead, and understand they may be required to support other agencies and professionals in assessments for early help.
- All staff work to ensure there is no culture of misogyny or harassment at the school.
- The Teachers’ Standards 2012 state that teachers, including headteachers, should safeguard children’s wellbeing and maintain public interest in the teaching professions as part of their professional duties.
Click here for our safeguarding policy and keeping children safe in education
Click here for the link to CEOPs (Child Exploitation and Online Abuse website)
Click here for the link to report suspected abuse to the local authority
Click here for advice to parents/carers in keeping children safe from abuse and harm