Welcome to our Nursery, part of our Early Years Foundation Stage
At Ladygrove Park, in our Early Years setting, we aim to support the children by;
- Providing an enabling environment, so that they will develop and practise their skills, develop their own interests, creativity and independence;
- Building positive relationships with peers and adults, so that they will feel safe, develop their confidence and resilience to be able to collaborate with others;
- Providing rich experiences to encourage children's curiosity, so that children deepen their understanding of our culturally, socially, technologically and ecologically diverse world;
- Participating in quality interactions within a language rich environment, so that the children will grow their vocabulary and develop early language skills and communicate effectively;
- Sharing aspirational expectations, so that children are challenged to move their thinking and learning on to their next steps and are able to build on their prior knowledge and make links to new learning.
"We are a team and we work hard together. We are all equal to each other."
Tim Peake (first British astronaut to visit the International Space Station)
This term, our theme is ‘Traditional Tales’, we will be reading a selection of classic stories such as Little Red Riding Hood, The 3 Little Pigs, Goldilocks and The 3 Bears and The 3 Billy Goats Gruff among others. We will be learning these stories and using props to support our story telling.
We will begin to notice and discuss the changes in season moving into Spring. Looking at the environment, nature and weather which will enhance our discussions on our Welly Adventures.
Our Big Idea this term is Responsibility and we will be talking about our personal responsibilities, looking after our belongings, our classroom and one another. We will talk about the importance of looking after living creatures.
Our Role Models this term are Heroines and Heros, we will be noticing these in our stories we read and discuss real life ‘heros’ and talk about being helpful and kind to everyone around us.
Nursery Curriculum Overviews
Click here for EYFS Curriculum Nursery Overview Term 6
Nursery Curriculum Letters and Learning Organisers
We now have free access to TimesTableRockStar' partner, 'Numbots'. Numbots has an emphasis is on mathematical concepts and is underpinned by a mastery approach to teaching. Children use their same log-in details as for TTRS.