Welcome to Year 3
During Term 2, children will be exploring The topic Our Environment through Literacy, Geography and Art as we consider the local environment and how it has evolved over time.
Our Big Ideas this term are RESPONSIBILITY and THE ENVIRONMENT. We will be asking broad questions such as:
- What does it mean to be responsible?
- Does every member of society need to be responsible?
- How can we be responsible?
- Why is it important to be responsible?
- Are there different ways to be responsible?
- How can I be responsible and care for the environment?
Some of the Inspirational People we will be looking at are:
- Greta Thunberg – a vocal, inspirational, Swedish climate activist demanding that world leaders take responsibility for the environment, tackling climate change.
- David Attenborough – an advocate for sustainable living, promoting care and concern for the environment.
It might be beneficial for you to watch some documentaries at home, such as:
- The Secret World Of Your Rubbish- Channel 5
- War on Plastic with Hugh and Anita – BBC One
Year 3 Curriculum Letters:
Year 3 Learning Organisers:
Term 1: Science - Teeth and Digestion
Term 2: Science - Forces
Term 5: Coming soon...
How can I support my child?