Welcome to Reception, part of our Early Years Foundation Stage
At Ladygrove Park, in our Early Years setting, we aim to support the children by;
- Providing an enabling environment, so that they will develop and practise their skills, develop their own interests, creativity and independence;
- Building positive relationships with peers and adults, so that they will feel safe, develop their confidence and resilience to be able to collaborate with others;
- Providing rich experiences to encourage children's curiosity, so that children deepen their understanding of our culturally, socially, technologically and ecologically diverse world;
- Participating in quality interactions within a language rich environment, so that the children will grow their vocabulary and develop early language skills and communicate effectively;
- Sharing aspirational expectations, so that children are challenged to move their thinking and learning on to their next steps and are able to build on their prior knowledge and make links to new learning.
"We are a team and we work hard together. We are all equal to each other."
Tim Peake (first British astronaut to visit the International Space Station)
This term, our theme is The World Around Us and the children will be learning about their local environment, houses, minibeasts and people who help us. We will be holding a Minibeast Dress-up Day towards the end of term, on Monday 25th March (no P.E. that week), to celebrate our learning!
One traditional tale we will be looking at, this term, is “The Three Little Pigs”. We will encourage your child to act out the story and develop vocabulary related to the tale.
Our Big Idea this term is Responsibility and we will be talking about whose job it is to do particular jobs, such as: keeping our school tidy (you can talk about home!), keeping our local areas looking clean and tidy (do talk about Ann Paterson who started the community garden near to school) and considering endangered animals and recycling.
Our Role Model this term is Sir David Attenborough, the British naturalist, and we will be looking at all the fabulous work he has done to make us aware of our responsibility
to the environment.
Reception Curriculum Overviews
Reception Curriculum Letters
We now have free access to TimesTableRockStar' partner, 'Numbots'. Numbots has an emphasis is on mathematical concepts and is underpinned by a mastery approach to teaching. Children use their same log-in details as for TTRS.