Early Years Foundation Stage
Welcome to our Early Years Foundation Stage
At Ladygrove Park, in our Early Years setting, we aim to support the children by;
- Providing an enabling environment, so that they will develop and practise their skills, develop their own interests, creativity and independence;
- Building positive relationships with peers and adults, so that they will feel safe, develop their confidence and resilience to be able to collaborate with others;
- Providing rich experiences to encourage children's curiosity, so that children deepen their understanding of our culturally, socially, technologically and ecologically diverse world;
- Participating in quality interactions within a language rich environment, so that the children will grow their vocabulary and develop early language skills and communicate effectively;
- Sharing aspirational expectations, so that children are challenged to move their thinking and learning on to their next steps and are able to build on their prior knowledge and make links to new learning.
"We are a team and we work hard together. We are all equal to each other."
Tim Peake (first British astronaut to visit the International Space Station)
This term our theme is ‘All About Me!’ and the children will be learning about each other, making friends, learning new routines and our school rules referred to as the ‘Ladygrove Standard’. We also talk about our families and will be making a Family Book.
Our Big Ideas this term are Friendship and Equality and how we make new friends and value everybody. We will be using stories to exemplify this and talk about how we encourage this at school during group time activities and in Exploring Time.
EYFS Curriculum Overviews
Click here for EYFS Curriculum Nursery Overview Term 6
EYFS Curriculum Letters
We now have free access to TimesTableRockStar' partner, 'Numbots'. Numbots has an emphasis is on mathematical concepts and is underpinned by a mastery approach to teaching. Children use their same log-in details as for TTRS.