Early Years Foundation Stage
Welcome to our Early Years Foundation Stage
In our EYFS, we encourage our children to be:
Our EYFS Team encourage and support the children by:
- Providing an enabling environment in which children can develop these roles and skills;
- Building positive relationships with all members of staff but especially their Key Person;
- Providing rich experiences, such as Forest School, multi-cultural visitors and probing life's 'Big Ideas';
- Growing the vocabulary of our children through the Word Aware approach and quality interactions;
- Challenging them to move their thinking and learning on to their next step;
- Providing balanced opportunities to develop through child-initiated, adult-initiated and adult-directed activities.
"We are a team and we work hard together. We are all equal to each other."
Tim Peake (first British astronaut to visit the International Space Station)
EYFS Curriculum Overviews
We now have free access to TimesTableRockStar' partner, 'Numbots'. Numbots has an emphasis is on mathematical concepts and is underpinned by a mastery approach to teaching. Children use their same log-in details as for TTRS.